The European School of Urology (ESU) has developed innovate and effective Hands-on-Training (HOT) courses, in partnership with the EAU Sections and the EAUN, which offer practice and development of individual skills.
The following 10 Hands-on Training Courses (HOTs) are recommended for nurses:
- ESU/EAUN Hands-on Training Course for Nurses in Endoscopic Stone Treatment: Saturday, 2 July, 9.00 – 10.00, 10.00 – 11.00, 11.15 – 12.15, 13.00 – 14.00, 14.00 – 15.00, 15.15 – 16.15 hrs., Orange ARea, Room 3 (EAUNHOT 51-56) More details below.
- ESU/ESFFU Hands-on Training Course in Sacral Neuromodulation: Saturday, 2 July, 14.15 – 15.45 and 16.00 – 17.30 hrs., Grey Area, Room G0002 (HOT 06 & 07)
- ESU/ESFFU Hands-on Training Course in Urodynamics, Saturday, 2 July, 09.00 – 12.00 hrs., Grey Area, Room G0002 (HOT 04 )
- ESU/ESFFU Hands-on Training Course in Urodynamics, Sunday, 3 July, 08.30 – 11.30 hrs., Grey Area, Room G0002 (HOT 05)
Registration for the HOTs in Amsterdam is available in the Registration system. If you have already registered for EAUN22 and would like to register for a HOT course later, please go to the online registration website. In your registration overview click on the button book extras. The payment can be made by bank transfer or online by credit card.
Should you have any question about booking entitlements please send an e-mail to the Registration Department.
It is also possible to register for EAU HOT Courses not targetting nurses specifically. For course descriptions of EAU HOTs please visit the EAU22 Congress website.
NEW! ESU/EAUN Hands-on Training Course for Nurses in Endoscopic Stone Treatment
During the 22nd International EAUN Meeting, the European School of Urology (ESU) will organise a series of courses for continuous medical education and professional development. Delegates are invited to attend these courses.
This particular course developed by the European School of Urology (ESU) and is based on ESU’s validated programme for endoscopic stone treatment (STEP 1). This 60 minute course offers nurses a unique opportunity to learn the basics of endoscopy, with focus on urinary stone treatment, including rigid and flexible cystoscopy and semi-rigid and flexible ureteroscopy.
- Explanation and introduction to the equipment used in the course
- Basic Hands-on Training (HOT) courses carried out under the guidance of experienced tutors
- A set of four dry lab exercises developed and validated by the ESU training group in collaboration with ESUT and EULIS
Target audience: Urology en operating room nurses and first assistants, from basic to advanced level
Learning objectives: Learn basic endoscopic skills with focus on the treatment of urinary stones
Certificate: A Certificate of Attendance for this course will be available after the congress from 6 July.
Accreditation: The 22nd International EAUN Meeting is accredited within the EU-ACME/CNE programme. More information
Registration: Register online or at the ESU desk in the Registration Area at the venue.
Registration fee: no fee applicable
This course is supported with an educational grant from Coloplast with no influence on the programme or tutors.