‘Share your experience with visuals’
The EAUN invites urology nurses and other professionals to submit a video on one distinct feature or innovative nursing practice. An example could be a voluntary work experience or new project. This can be a surgical video from both internal as well as external projects, but it must be described from a urological nursing point of view.
The aim of this session is to showcase practices by nurses to other fellow urology nurses e.g. what has been achieved and fine-tuned in specific areas. It will also be an occasion to ask fellow nurses on how they overcame situations that may still occur in other emerging clinical nursing practices.
A different format for sharing your experience
Videos are a much more captivating experience and are becoming more and more the new standard when it comes to sharing knowledge. We would like to challenge you to create a 10-minute video presentation accompanied by an abstract of what you are doing and which you believe should be shared with us. We are looking for a well-presented narrative or experience that made a positive difference in one’s practice.
- Some urology nurses have served in far-away countries and that’s not something we often see. Why not present your experiences?
- Very few know that there are highly competent nurses who have earned specific tasks as key Da Vinci team members. Wouldn’t it be a refreshing change during a nursing meeting to see the preparations specifically performed by a nurse first assistant specialised in robotic surgery?
- Is there anyone out there who has experienced and documented urology nursing being upheld during difficult circumstances such as a national emergency or even in conflict conditions? Such presentations give out a strong message of hope and testament to the stamina of many of our colleagues.
- Or has your department or clinic started up a project that greatly benefitted your patients and can your show this project with a video?
- The topic selected for a Video presentation must be of relevance to urology nursing
- The project is described in a video (10 min video followed by 5 minutes discussion)
- If the nurse is not visible in the video, the presenter should narrate the nursing role before or during playing the video.
- Videos if possible should be in English, but other languages will be accepted if the video has English subtitles
- The presentation will be in English
- Videos submitted for the 36th EAU Congress may also be submitted for the 22nd EAUN meeting.
- Should patients or staff be visible or audible in the video, then please make sure to fill out a (patient/staff) consent form and follow the guidelines of the ethics committee of your hospital or institution.
- Make sure you carefully read the detailed Abstract and video instructions
- Submit your video through the online abstract submission system.
- An abstract describing the video’s content and aims & objectives is required.
- Please make sure to click on the button for the 21st EAUN Meeting and not the button of the 36th Annual EAU Congress, otherwise your abstract will be reviewed for presentation at the 36th EAU Congress.
- After including the abstract describing the content of the video, you are invited to upload the video.
- If a video is not possible alternatively a PowerPoint presentation can be submitted by e-mail to Ms. Rutten, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission deadline: 1 March 2021.
- Outcome abstract selection available via the online abstract submission system. Submitters will receive a notification by email before 1 April.
- The selected presenters will receive a free 3-day registration for the 22nd International EAUN Meeting in Milan.
- Videos, slides and PDFs of posters and abstracts that have been presented at the meeting will be available at the EAUN Resource Centre after the meeting.
- Presented abstracts will be published in the International Journal of Urological Nursing if the author uploads the abstract in the Wiley author portal. Presenters will receive a notification when the upload is available.