EAUN Video Presentations
‘Share your experience with visuals’
The EAUN invites urology nurses and other professionals to submit a video or photo presentation on one distinct feature or innovative nursing practice. Think about voluntary work experiences or new projects. The selected videos will be presented at the 20th EAUN Meeting.
We invite you to describe a particular work or event, for example a voluntary work experience or new project, using video, a compilation of photos or a mixture of both. This can be a surgical video from both internal as well as external projects, but it must be described from a urological nursing point of view.
Submission is now closed.
New format for sharing your experience
If a picture is worth a thousand words, videos must be worth a tenfold of that. Videos are a much more captivating experience and are becoming more and more the new standard when it comes to sharing knowledge. We would like to challenge you to create a 10-minute video presentation accompanied by an abstract of what you are doing and which you believe should be shared with us. We are looking for a well-presented narrative or experience that made a positive difference in one’s practice.
- Some urology nurses have served in far-away countries and that’s not something we often see. Why not present your experiences?
- Very few know that there are highly competent nurses who have earned specific tasks as key Da Vinci team members. Wouldn’t it be a refreshing change during a nursing meeting to see the preparations specifically performed by a nurse first assistant specialised in robotic surgery?
- Is there anyone out there who has experienced and documented urology nursing being upheld during difficult circumstances such as a national emergency or even in conflict conditions? Such presentations give out a strong message of hope and testament to the stamina of many of our colleagues.
- Or has your department or clinic started up a project that greatly benefitted your patients and can your show this project with a video?
For previously presented videos please visit the resource centres of previous meetings (only accessible for members and delegates):
- The topic selected for a ‘Video Presentation’must be of relevance to urology nursing
- The project is described in a video or with photos in a PowerPoint presentation (10 min video or presentation followed by 5 minutes discussion)
- Videos if possible should be in English, but other languages will be accepted if the video has English subtitles
- Presentation will be in English
- Videos submitted for the 34th EAU Congress may also be submitted for the 20th EAUN meeting.
- Should patients or staff be visible or audible in the video or PowerPoint, then please make sure to fill out a (patient/staff) consent form and follow the guidelines of the ethics committee of your hospital or institution.
- Detailed abstract and video instructions
- Please submit your video through the online abstract submission system.
- An abstract describing the video’s content and aims & objectives is required.
- Please make sure to click on the button for the 20th EAUN Meeting and not the button of the 34th Annual EAU Congress, otherwise your abstract will be reviewed for presentation at the 34th EAU Congress.
- After including the abstract describing the content of the video, you are invited to upload the video.
- PowerPoint presentations can be submitted by e-mail to Ms. Rutten, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission deadline: 1 December 2018.
- Outcome abstract selection available via the online abstract submission system. Submitters will receive a notification by email before 22 December.
- The selected presenters will receive a free 3-day registration for the 20th International EAUN Meeting in Barcelona.
The transition from the “Inside the Body” session to the current “Video Session” is not something the EAUN Scientific Committee can build on their own. It is your contribution that will be “building the new” and setting a path that others will choose to follow and emulate.
We put forward a challenge to all urology nurses: Why not splice together a 10-minute video presentation of what you are doing and which you believe should be shared with us? We are looking for a well-presented narrative or experience that made a positive difference in one’s practice. It may not even be a video after all but a collage of photos documenting a process that has one fundamental feature – innovative nursing practice.
All visual contributions will be evaluated by the Scientific Congress Office. The most interesting presentations will be presented by the submitter and discussed with the audience in the Video Session for nurses at the 20th International EAUN Meeting in Barcelona.
For more information please contact: email@example.com